Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 2

Day 2: Where you'd like to be in 10 years.

   What mom thought up this dreary prompt? I'll try to keep it interesting.
   The biggest problem with this writing prompt is that I haven't the slightest idea of where to begin. The "quarter-life crisis" that I am continually referring to is exactly the problem that I don't know what to do with my life. I don't know nearly as much about myself as I should in order to determine where I would like to be in ten years. I'll be 26. That's fairly young and I'll still be slightly stupid (but steadily growing out of my idiocy). By then, I hope I'm not married. Heaven help us all if I end up with a husband at that age. I'd like to be educated a lot more than I am right now. No one likes incompetent adults. I would like to do something that I'm good at and that I enjoy. As far as career options go, I'm beyond clueless. There are so many things that sound interesting, but none seem so interesting that I'd want to study it for four years and then make a career out of it. To be honest, I keep getting the creeping suspicion that I want to be a teacher. There isn't another occupation for which I have a higher respect, but imagining myself as an educator is a terrifying thought. Perhaps the reason I'm afraid of teaching is because I respect and value my teachers so much. I worry that I wouldn't be able to do anything close to what they've done or have nearly the same influence.
    Also, I hope I'm not bald or dead.

P.S. I hope you'll forgive me, friends. I was gone all day yesterday and couldn't post in time. Strike one and it's only the second post of the 30 day challenge. I'll be gone all day tomorrow, too. Oh dear. Wish me luck, kids. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I really would love it if you posted more, your posts are a joy to read. Whatever they may be about, doesn't matter to me. I love them all. Thanks for everything and I hope you post more in the future!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete