Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 2

Day 2: Explain the meaning behind your blog name.

     Surely you've heard the original phrase that created my blog name, yes? If not, too bad, because my mom follows my blog and she'd be really mad if I used profanity. Ju[S]t r[H]yme 'wh[I]t' un[T]il you get it.
     There really isn't much to say about my blog name. Now, in all deserving credit, the brilliance behind the blog name ought to go to my dad. Let's just say his immaturity pays off well. It was creative, catchy, and comical. Is there any other reason to create a blog name? Get real, this is not a competition of sincerity - it's a battle of "whits". Haha, I'm punny. I s'pose my point here is that the reason I started this blog in the first place was to create a way to write in a relaxed fashion. I wanted something that was entertaining to the audience while exploring broad topics. My other blog, however, is a writer's blog without a doubt. I had a limited audience with my other blog because not everyone is a writer, and not everyone cares about the Odyssey, and not everyone shares the same vocabulary as I.
     I guess the name ties into what I'm trying to communicate with everyone. Regardless of how many edits I do per post, or how many people really do like my writing: stuff happens. A teacher, whom I admire very much, once told me that the only person I can control is myself. He said that, despite all my efforts, I will never be able to please everyone. But, here's the crucial part of that, by putting yourself out there, you're doing everything in your power to please someone; and that vulnerabilty is the best and worst part of life. So, Whit Happens? Call this my way of exposing myself. Degrade me, insult me, judge me, criticize me, but, y'know, it happens and I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment