Monday, July 18, 2011

Overdosing on Benedryl and Forgetting How to Dream


     I'd like to think I can sleep whenever I want. It's such a waste of time, isn't it? Sleeping. That's 10 hours of my life per day that could go toward something else. Eating seems like a waste of time, too. I could be blogging. I could be reading. I could be listening to music. I could be going places. But, no...instead I have to sleep.
     I'd also like to think I'm not bitter. Ha! Mmm...no.
     The t.v. that sits on the carpet of my room can only do one thing: allow me to plug in an annoying looking, portable Pac-Man/Galaga/Pole Position/Xevious/Mappy joystick controller. The buttons don't always work and the joystick frequently jams up, but when you can't fall asleep, it'll do.

caption
One word: GHETTO.

caption
Ignore the blank screen. I forgot to turn off the joystick so the batteries ran out.

caption
Of course, I'm in the dark, so it looks more like this.
   
     The dark is a wonderful place. But, it's also the reason I need glasses with a prescription of triple digits. Even in a photo, that one in the dark kind of hurts my eyes. I'm a horrendous Pac-man player too. I can't blame the controller for everything, unfortunately. However, Galaga? I'm a reigning champion. Not even joking, I've been playing that game since I got the first Gameboy Advance. I've sort of been working on my high score since I came out of the womb. 
     Besides my adventures with spaceships, aliens, and trophies that don't exist, I've been having difficulty dreaming. I know that someone with a degree says that we all dream at least five times a night or whatever, but that's really hard to believe right now. When I eventually fall asleep, I don't remember anything. Have I forgotten how to dream? The last dream I remember was a nightmare. I hope I haven't forgotten how to dream, a nightmare would be a horrible way to end it, don't you think? 
     I've been forcing myself to write also. Hence; poor word choice, sloppy sentence structures, and NO MORALS TO MY INCESSANT COMPLAINING. 
     They say that to be a good writer, you have to write everyday; even if it's poor writing. So, here is me sucking it up, vomiting thoughts onto a keyboard, and hoping my writer's block will go away. 

Whit Happens


P.S. If you don't know any of those games on the controller, Google them. They're fun. Well...I think they are, but what do I know? Find out for yourself.
P.P.S. In case you're having a not-so-grand day, here's a photo (compliments of Cassy) that I bet will make you smile. Or not. 

caption
Well, you can't just set it down!
     

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic post like always.
    No, you're not the only one that forgets your dreams.
    It's what happens to us all.
    If you sa Inception (and didn't sleep through it) you'd remember this 1 part or maybe I'm just such a cinephile that I remember dialogue.
    Anyways, in one scene Leonardo De Caprio said "Try to remember what happened in your last dream, I know it's hard. It takes years of training to remember 1 dream clearly".
    Maybe he's wrong about the years part, but he's right about it being hard.
    And that Ice Cream Cone?
    GHETTO!!!!!!!!!!!

    Cheers, MarkL

    P.S. My last comment that I removed didn't have my "Cheers, MarkL" signature. So I had to delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! :) haha, I love your blog, and your camera phone pictures. <3

    - tim

    ReplyDelete